The Murray Hill Theatre can be rented by bands, artists and producers who wish to produce their own show and by organizations or individuals for private events such as:
- fundraisers and benefits
- film premieres and showings
- art shows
- book signings
- speaking events
- weddings and/or receptions
- birthday, anniversary or graduation parties
- dances and proms
Rental Rates – Four (4) Hour Minimum Rental
- Friday & Saturday – $175 per hour plus production fees.
- Sunday – Thursday – $125 per hour plus production fees.
Production Fees – Five (5) Hours
$150 to $350 flat rate, including Audio Engineer and Lighting Technician. Final cost will be determined based upon your lighting and sound needs.
- $75 Cleaning Fee (not optional, non-refundable, in addition to rental rate)
- $25 Venue provided box office tickets and armbands (optional)
A non-refundable 50% deposit and signed Rental Agreement will hold the date of your event.
Scheduling Your Event
We recommend planning on a minimum of five (5) hours for your event, providing an hour for set-up and sound check, three (3) hours for the actual event and an hour to break down and exit the venue. When renting the facility on an hourly basis loud-in, sound check, set-up, clean-up and load-out, and any decorating must occur within the agreed to rental time frame.
Food & Beverage
Depending upon the nature of your event, you may be allowed to bring in your own food and beverages. An additional cleaning fee may be applicable.
The Venue includes a snack bar that is open during events that are open to the public. Light snacks and hot and cold beverages are offered at reasonable prices. If you wish, the snack bar can be opened during your private event and will be operated by theatre personnel. All proceeds from snack bar sales will be retained by Murray Hill Ministries, Inc.
Rental Application Process
If you are interested in renting the theatre, please call the office at 904-388-3179 or email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Type of event.
- Will it be a public or private event?
- Will admission be charged?
- How many guests do you expect?
- Complete contact information:
- your first and last name
- company or organization name (if applicable)
- where you are located
- your direct phone number
A benefit show can be costly to put on. Therefore, you need to make sure that you will raise enough money to cover the cost of renting the theatre as well as other expenses such as advertising and talent. Depending upon the nature of your benefit function, you may need more than four hours at the venue. On average, just the cost of renting the theatre for a benefit show runs from about a $1,200 to $1,500 depending on the duration of the rental and production needs of the artist(s) who will be performing.
There are several factors that go into having a successful benefit event:
- the amount of planning and preparation
- the effort put forth into promoting the event
- the cost of advertising the event
- the effort put forth into locating and engaging entertainers (bands, artists, etc.)
- the cost of the entertainment
- the appeal of the entertainers and their ability to draw a crowd
- the cost of any food or beverage that you will provide
- the cost of decorating
- the cost of renting tables, chairs, etc.
- ticket pricing
- the number of volunteers needed to plan, prepare and put on your event
We recommend that organizations or individuals desiring to hold a benefit event here take the above information into consideration before moving forward. Unless you can honestly expect the attendance at your benefit event to exceed 200 you may want to consider a smaller venue or another option for a fundraiser.